Self care is about attempting to find a balance with you and your life, rhythm or schedule. We must fit it in to have that balance we crave and to live a full life. So how do you carve out time for you? What helps alleviate you and brings you back to center? Here are a few first steps to figure out how.
1. Edit you brain. (Listen to your self talk. Is it mean? Is it unforgiving? Reframe that self talk to aid you and support you. Write down your reframe and post it on your car dash board or your mirror at home. Be specific. Ex: I’m a bad housekeeper I never keep things clean! Reframe: I prioritize loving my family and working hard at other things besides cleaning.
2. Slow down. Stop multitasking. Take a moment in silence. Whether its a bath or a 10 minute mediation, take actual time for yourself to do NOTHING. Just listen to your breath going in and out. Turn your phone on silent. Do not check your phone. You will survive!
3. Eat at least one super good for you meal a day. Feel good about what you put in your body. Give yourself credit for that healthy meal.
4. Call a friend. Connect with a trusted source. Talk about how you feel. Listen to them. Share. Connect. Be grateful you have a support system.
5. Hug someone! If you can, get some physical touch. Allow yourself to hug and be hugged. Receive the love and support you deserve.