As the term suggests, natural disasters happen naturally—leaving us to figure out how to cope during and after. Fires, hurricanes, earthquakes, tornados, floods, and other such events can be life-ending. For survivors, natural disasters are often life-changing. The impact may be traumatic.
The Emotional Impact of Natural Disasters
Like any traumatic event, reactions can vary from individual to individual. But there are always common threads to be found, e.g.
- Anxiety and depression
- Intense mood swings and irritability (grow increasingly unpredictable)
- Become withdrawal, anti-social, and fearful of another disaster
- Loss of concentration and focus
- Difficulty making decisions
- Vivid, ongoing flashbacks
- Physical Consequences of Large-Scale Wildfires
Intense psychological issues—like those listed above—can manifest quickly into physical symptoms. Survivors of something like the Napa Valley wildfires may experience sleep and eating issues, headaches, nausea, and immune dysfunction.
The release of evermore airborne toxins also puts an intense stress on the liver. This impacts the many crucial functions performed by this, the body’s second-largest organ. For example, the football-sized liver is responsible for:
- Metabolism of nutrients
- Synthesizing of glycogen for energy
- A wide variety of natural detoxification processes
- Under normal circumstances, it’s always important to practice liver support. For those living near the Napa Valley wildfires, from Oakland to San Jose, it’s even more urgent now. Wildfire smoke contains fine particles. These particles can cause, among other things:
- Coughing and sore throat
- Sinus irritation
- Burning eyes
- Nasal issues, runny nose
- Shortness of breath
- Heart palpitations
This particle-caused toxic overload leads to an over-stressing of the liver. Thus, this is the ideal time to consider natural counter-options like Hepisil.
What is Hepisil?
Hepisil (also spelled Hepasil) is a natural supplement, a blend of antioxidants designed to support and maintain the liver. Its primary ingredient is Milk Thistle Extract, an invaluable antioxidant that plays a major role in supporting the enzyme systems involved in the body’s detoxification process.
Other ingredients include:
- Alpha-lipoic acid
- A patented olive fruit extract Olivol
- Green tea extract
- Turmeric extract
- N-acetyl L-cysteine
How Hepisil Can Help You Cope with the Napa Valley Fires
- Milk Thistle Extract is a powerful detoxifier. As mentioned above, wildfires = fine air particles. Inhaling this air puts a big-time demand on your liver’s workload. Hepisil’s main ingredient is designed to ease that load through detoxification.
- Milk Thistle Extract has anti-cancer properties. In addition, a sudden increase in airborne toxins can include carcinogens. This is particularly dangerous for the lungs. Milk Thistle Extract has been shown to be a powerful anti-cancer fighter.
- Alpha-lipoic acid can reduce chemical toxicityComplementing the Milk Thistle is Alpha-lipoic acid. This crucial antioxidant works as a bulwark against the daily toxic onslaught.
- A powerful blend of other antioxidants in the mixHepisil’s ingredient list reads like an antioxidant army. To focus on one example, green tea extract’s polyphenols have been found to chelate metals and promote anti-cancer activity.
- No prescription needed with minimal/rare side effects. We all know how tricky it can be when it comes to pharmaceuticals. From pricing to side effects, the risks are well-documented. Hepisil is not a prescription, but you should look for pharmaceutical grade supplements like Usana brand. The overall price and risk are both significantly lower than a prescription drug.
Choosing an Integrated Approach
In times of crisis, our recovery may depend on us choosing a holistic approach to healing. Specifically, when dealing with the aftermath of the Napa Valley wildfires, it’s essential to seek out a practitioner who understands the value of an integrated approach. At Healing Happens Therapy, you will be helped from the inside—with full respect for the connection between physical wellness and mental health.